Aussie Curves: LBD (Little Black Dress)




Time for another Aussie Curves challenge, and this one is a true classic - the LBD, or "Little Black Dress". While everyone else is looking gorgeously chic and fashionable to celebrate the New Year, I instead have a DJ gig at an event where I've been asked to dress in the theme "Animalistic/Lord of the Flies".


So, I went super grungey. Dredfalls, leopard print tights, thigh high boots... and of course a black dress. This is one of my favourites, it's from the collection "Damn you Alexis" did for City Chic years ago. It has a panel of leatherette down the middle front and back, and a little bit of padding in the shoulders - I have worn this to swanky cocktail parties and nightclubs and everywhere... even to work, toned down with a blouse underneath and a jacket over the top.. it's really versatile.




That's the beauty of an LBD, it creates a backdrop to show off your accessories, other items or whatever you want to be the focus. It's an appropriate choice for almost any event and everyone (yes even you) should have one in the wardrobe. Or two. Or more.


For my makeup I got out the paints and did a red/black/glitter swathe of leopard print right across my face. The loose glitter I used had heaps of fallout, and, anticipating this, I was happy to be very sparkly all over for the evening. I piled the dreds high on my head, and did deep shadowing and contours in red and black.

Whenever I do a wild makeup like this people say "Oh! That's great but I would never find the time!" This honestly took me less than 10 mins - and that included putting on my clothes. If you practice you can get really fast.

It's an extreme look, well over the top, as called for by the theme of the evening! I'm ready to see the new year in with a vengeance!


I hope the new year brings you all the good things you're hoping for, and I look forward to showing you lots of fun stuff in 2013.

I want to thank my fellow Aussie Curves women - you are an amazing, inspiring, cool and fun bunch of ladies and I love seeing what everyone comes up with each week (and adding a little dash of wildness to the mix too).

To all the rest of my readers, thanks for being here... keep commenting, sending me emails and keeping in touch because your messages and comments really are what keeps me going.

Photobucket

Photobucket








15 comments

  1. Happy New Year lady!! You look amazing, I hope your gig goes well. Look forward to many more AC dates in the new year. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay, me too.. we have some really fun themes coming up :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! You look positively awesome! Love the dress, the makeup but most of all the attitude that brings it all together :) Happy New year Omega!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too Wendy, I really appreciate all your support and encouragement :)

      Delete
  3. wow... you look stunning omega! your makeup is amazing and really brings the look together. fab boots and dress too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's fun to go a little wild sometimes :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a great look/idea. You have such a wonderful take on everything. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year lady!! You look stunning in those photos..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Happy new year to you too! :)

      Delete
  6. So much WOW! I LOVE this! I recently found my box of dreads and have been thinking about instaling them, this just makes me want too more. I WAS SO IN LOVE WITH THAT DRESS, so in love, I could never afford it and was so close to buying it when it went on sale but my ex wouldn't let me, I regret it now cause seeing it again I still love it. Those boots look amazing, and as always, i'm in awe of your make up. You truly are an inspiration. I've decided that 2013 i'm going back to who I always wanted to be, fashion wise and not caring what other people think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your sense of style is awesome! I just go the temporary route with dreds, with the falls I can wear them for one night and then go back to my usual locks afterwards... :)

      Delete
  7. MEOW! I love that you're a DJ, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever need me to come to Sydney to DJ for a fabulous party, just let me know, I'll be there! :D

      Delete
  8. wow!

    your a DJ! THATS AWESOME!
    xx

    ReplyDelete