Aussie Curves: Mixing Patterns



This week the theme for Aussie Curves is mixing patterns.. this is not something I do very often, but I always admire people who can do this well. When I mix patterns I tend to go with the tried and true method of going with a tonal theme. 



If you keep your colours all working together you can mix together patterns to your heart's content! In this outfit I am wearing 4 different patterns, but because they are all using the same colours it works.  I have a paisley scarf on, and a black and silver checker tunic top, a snakeskin belt, and a striped skirt.



Honestly, I was doubtful about this when I put it together, but once it was all on I really liked it! I think I might experiment with this sort of thing a bit more now.

As a bonus, apart from the belt, which I got on clearance from City Chic, and the shoes, which are from Target, everything else in this outfit is from op-shops, and years and years old. It's really good to be able to "shop your wardrobe" as much as possible, and I always feel good when I am able to put together a fresh outfit with old things.



For my makeup I went with oyster grey eyeshadow, with some black in the crease to add some depth, and my purple Illamasqua lipstick, the colour is called "Kontrol" and it is a very wearable shade of purple. 


So, what do you think? Hot combo or just a hot mess? Check out the rest of the awesome women in Aussie Curves below in the linky!


Photobucket
Photobucket






17 comments

  1. Hot combo! Loving the mix of patterns. Keeping to a colour one definitely helps bring it all together. I am drooling over your skirt, it's a stunning shape. Love how it falls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an old favourite, every time I wear it I think "I ought to wear this more often..."

      Delete
  2. Hot combo! I think it's great to "shop your wardrobe" and try mixing different things together - a FREE way to get new outfits! I like the different textures and patterns together, and keeping the same colour tones makes it quite subtle. Awesome lippy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a promise to myself when I started doing Aussie Curves that I wouldn't buy new things just for the challenge, and the challenge for me was going to be finding stuff in my wardrobe.. been going all right so far :)

      Delete
  3. Hot combo! Hot hot combo! I think it looks great, and even though its 4 different prints, it still has this slick minimalistic vibe to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot! Great mix of patterns and that belt is fab Omega!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I bought the belt I honestly wasn't sure how much I'd wear it, but it was $5 on clearance and I have cetianly gotten my money's worth.

      Delete
  5. Hot combo for sure! All of the patterns you've combined work really well together. I wouldn't have known this isn't one of your staple outfits!! You should definitely wear it again. btw - love the subtle eye makeup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't do wild makeup every day! Some days I have to work! :D

      Delete
  6. Great print combo! Love it, what a great outfit. The belt is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you always nail the layering it....and I've decided that I need to find some of that lip colour. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get thee to an Illamasqua! You won't regret the purchase, their lipsticks are great :)

      Delete
  8. looking good as usual Omega - I like the tonal pattern on pattern look

    ReplyDelete
  9. The patterns all look so fab together! I want that belt,

    ReplyDelete