Aussie Curves: Orange



So.. orange, eh? Orange is another one of the many colours I simply don't wear - with one exception. Every six months or so, I bleach the roots of my hair - and I like to give it rest of a day or so between the bleach and a fresh coat of colour. Between stages like that my hair is a rather startling blonde to red ombre with a lot of (you guessed it) orange!

I know it's not cool but I kind of like the look.. it reminds me of hot-rod flames and it's fun to have hair that's even wilder than usual for a little while. So, with an orange theme on the table, I thought I'd run with it and show you a wild orange/yellow/red look.

I have exactly one orange piece of clothing in my possession - that's if a sarong-sized scarf can really be considered clothing.. someone bought it for me years ago.. as I opened it they said "I know you like red!".. You'll be pleased to know I smiled politely and didn't point out that it certainly wasn't red at all, but a truly radioactive shade of orange instead. It's hung around since then being used for the occasional shower to bedroom run and not much else.. today though I slung it around my shoulders and belted it, with one of my favourite belts that has snakes on the front. This is a really fun way to add colour and interest to an outfit with a scarf - it can look as though you have a new top when you wear scarves this way. 



Underneath is a red cotton dress that is one of my summer staples. It's so light and airy it's perfect for really hot days when you don't feel like clothes at all. The tiered skirt is really long on me, I like the way it swishes around my feet, and the fact that my modesty is intact no matter which way I choose to flop my legs about in the heat.. it is one of the most comfortable things I own. 



This whole ensemble is a bit wild and hippy and witchy.. I think I like it!

For my makeup I went with the theme and did a super bright yellow/orange/red look, blending from yellow on the inner corner of my eye to bright oranges, with red used as shadows in my crease. I also coloured in my eyebrows with a bright red.

I did an ombre on my lips as well, sticking with the hot rod flames theme.

Mixing red and orange like this certainly makes a statement.. though the statement may well be "Stay well away, there's something not quite right about this woman!!"

Click through below for some rather more sensible orange clothing options, from both the budget and totally luxe end of the market - like all the clothes shown here they are all available in at least a size 20 and ship to Australia.

After that, go check out the other Aussie Curves fashion mavens with their gorgeous orange, tangerine, mandarin, terracotta and ochre shaded outfits.

Orange you glad you stopped by?






Photobucket
Photobucket


23 comments

  1. Wow I've never thought to use a scarf as a top, belted like that- great idea! I love the colour mix you have going here, creative as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you.. it's so easy to do, it's a great way to get extra mileage out of outfits :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea with the scarf! Never though of that before either. Orange is a great colour for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. it will never replace red for me! :)

      Delete
  3. Definitely a great way to extend your wardrobe! It would look awesome with a pair of jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy SO MUCH reading your post with the outfit photos. I snorted loudly at the bit about maybe it says stay away. HA. Hardly, you look amazing. The girl on fire perhaps? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I think the wild makeup is a lot more Effie Trinket! :)

      Delete
  5. Ombre lips... LOVE I'm going to have to try that in pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, do it! I'd love to see pics of that!

      Delete
  6. Your makeup is always so incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the orange humour. I may have gasped when I saw your belt. It is all kinds of awesome! I agree your makeup is always awesome to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tragically, just tonight, that belt broke!! But I think I can fix it..

      Delete
  8. When I looked at the picture I thought "Oh, she's so lucky, she's a natural blonde", and then I read the text. I'm the same with having to do my roots every now and then, I guess it's one of those things we do to have great coloured hair! You make me miss my red hair! I love the ombre lips, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I wish I had blonde roots, it would save me a lot on bleach...

      Delete
  9. wow! Love the scarf and love the make up love some hippy/witchy thing going on (now your talking) lol. I was thinking of going a dark red hmmm might just do it soon too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do it... everyone needs a bit of red :)

      Delete
  10. oh omega! you are just fabulous! and you look amazing! Don't forget to enter my Kardashian Kollection Kompetition details on the blog now :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you've used the sarong/scarf... you need to check out 101 uses for a sarong! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I will have to check that out.. though I daresay this toxic orange one won't be getting much of a showing :)

      Delete
  12. Wow! So much orange! That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete