OOTD: Lunch in the Park


People laugh when I tell them I moved to Melbourne for the weather - but it's totally true. Trading Queensland's humidity for Melbourne's changeable weather still feels like a good deal to me. I especially love the mid-season months, especially when that sort of mild weather creeps into summer proper.

Earlier this week was one of those days. Just warm enough to feel pleasant without feeling hot, a gentle breeze that was lovely and cool.. just magic.

I had lunch in the park, and just sat there, enjoying the perfect day, taking stock of the future. I've had a lot of upheavals lately which I won't bore you with, but sometimes, when everything seems dark, it's very, very good to just look around and take in the beauty of what's all around you.

This dress was a lucky find at a second hand clothes sale. It's half grey and half black, made in a lovely soft jersey. It has a really nice high neckline, raglan cap sleeves, and drapes elegantly. It looks nice for work and is super comfortable to wear.

Here I have paired it simply with black leggings (twelve bucks from target, score) and flat shoes (also from target)




 I'm also wearing a necklace that I picked up on sale at Collette ages ago, it's all branches and leaves with ribbons hanging off it. I get compliments every time I wear it.





Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments