Aussie Curves: Animalistic


This weeks theme for Aussie Curves is "Animalistic". I've always had a streak of the primal in me, and for once, when I saw what the theme was I knew exactly what to wear - some time ago now I bought this red leopard print peplum dress from ASOS. I find red leopard print pretty hard to resist on the rare times something becomes available, and this dress was no exception.


 I was unsure about sizing and ended up ordering a dress at least one and maybe two sizes too big. I decided to just deal with it though rather than go through the hassle of returning it (the dress was also on sale and I had no guarantee the size I wanted would still be available.) While big on me it's still wearable, and one day I might get around to taking it in.

 So, an interesting theme this one - to me being "animalistic" implies letting instinct take over, shrugging off the veneer of polite society, showing a bit of the beast within... it's about worrying less about being "polite" and "nice" and what you "should" do.. and doing more of what you want to do, expressing more of what you want to express.. I think that's something a lot of us could do with a little more of..


Of course I had to pair this with my animal print flats from Crocs.. and for my makeup, I thought I'd show you some wild leopard print lips! These are really easy to do, I just drew the leopard spots on with a black liquid eyeliner, added some dabs of red glitter and then resisted the urge to smack my lips together.



There's the "lion with a scar" makeup I did for a Halloween Party last year, and I've also done a "snow leopard" makeup a few times too. 

How about you? When was the last time you took a walk on the wild side? 



Photobucket
Photobucket


7 comments

  1. Now that is one awesome outfit Omega! You would totally steal the show in that number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that dress, I had been eyeing it up on Asos, hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you in peplum! And I love this dress. Gorgeous. I like your take on Animalistic too, shared in the post, great thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red is always a winner! You look stunning as always - love your hot lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one hot look Omega, love it!

    ReplyDelete