Aussie Curves: Black and White


Three o'clock in the afternoon. The heat rippling off the asphalt and the windows melting..my electric fan adding no respite from the heat, just a dull hum to break the silence of my office. It had been three weeks without a case, and in she walked. Pale skin, blue eyes, scarlet hair.. she had a little extra padding in all the right places, if you know what I mean. I knew this dame was going to be trouble the minute I saw her, and yet I found myself sitting to attention as she sat down to tell her story.....




Can you tell that the minute I found out that this week's Aussie Curves theme was "Black and White" my brain went immediately to Film Noir? There's something dramatic about black and white outfits, perhaps that's why I am so fond of them. You would have already seen me sporting this combo numerous times if you're a regular reader, but this is a new addition to my black and white collection, it's a gorgeous dress I got at the 17 Sundays sample sale. It's made of a lovely light fabric and it was just the thing for the kind of humid hot day we had. 


I especially like the detailing on the back, it has a deep v-neck and a cross-bar of black across the shoulders. 



Of course for this my makeup had to be black and white as well - I used black and white shadows from Savoir Faire, Illamasqua's black lipstick (Called "Pristine) and Mineralogie's very nice blacker-than-black liquid liner. The fascinatior I am wearing is from www.lushcherry.com . 

Be sure to check out the other Aussie Curves posts!


Photobucket
Photobucket


5 comments

  1. Gorgeous Omega. Love the intro and love the post. There is something so classic and elegant about black and white. And I ADORE this dress. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I love the intro and what a fab dress.I love a little bit of history and fantasy :) great hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post, you nailed the black and white film star look

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW love the close up. You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the drama Omega! Your photos are gorgeous, as is your outfit this week.

    ReplyDelete