Aussie Curves: Military


Barely scraping it in before the linky closes this week.. it's just been that kind of week. For the "Military" theme I was absolutely spoiled for choice.. this is a trend I can't resist, whether it's currently popular or not. I also live the kind of life where I regularly attend events where showing up looking like the Generalissimo of an imaginary dystopian army is totally okay. 

This dress is years and years old, it's from City Chic - I like the chaos star embroidered on the back and the cute details - it has nice buttons, and shoulder epaulettes, a zip and press studs down the front and can be buttoned right up to your neck if you wish. I find it a versatile piece that can be dressed down or up - you don't have to go all out costumey like I've done here! Of course it was also a good opportunity to wear my Garrison Cap from Lenny's Custom Clothing

If you're going military you really have to wear boots, so I tromped out my old favourites - I look forward to the colder weather every year so I can wear these again. 

My other absolute favourite military inspired thing is my leather jacket - I bought it at sportsgirl (would you beleive?!!) years ago now and I am enthusiastically wearing it to death. It has only gotten more shabby and worn over the years, I love it. 
Went pretty classic with the makeup to go with the 40-ish updo - red lips, lashings of mascara, all very simple, but a staple for a good reason!

Be sure to check out the other Aussie Curves participants below!






Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments