Review: Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless

My grandfather used to have a magnificent, huge macadamia tree in his back yard. It produced thousands of nuts each season and as kids my brother and I gave ourselves stomach aches countless times from eating so many of the delicious nuts.
Years later I was shocked to see how expensive they were to buy in the store! They'd been so commonplace in my childhood I'd totally taken them for granted. 
 
Not any more! Now I know the value of the macadamia and it seems as though others have caught on to - it's an ingredient that's popping up in all sorts of things, both edible and in the world of cosmetics. 

I got sent this to review and it's a great example of this ingredient's growing popularity - a hair treatment that uses macadamia oil. It's called "Flawless" and it's a beauty. It's a foam formulation, but it's not light and fluffy, it's really dense and heavy - almost like a mixture of foam and gel. The rich texture makes it feel as though you're really pampering your hair with something substantial. 

This is meant to be an all-in-one formula that cleans, conditions and treats, all in just five minutes. I also tried using it after my usual shampoo and conditioner in the shower.  (In my usual glamorous fashion I usually give the shower a bit of a scrub while I am waiting for something like this to do it's thing - I'm already in there and the shower is already wet.. I keep a sponge/scourers in the shower for this purpose).

With the amount of bleaching and dying I subject my hair to, it really needs moisture and treatments, and this one seemed to do the trick nicely, my hair felt really soft and bouncy the next day. 

It's $42.95 a bottle, but a little bit goes a long way, so you'd get a lot of washes out of this I think. If you'd like to try it for yourself you can pick it up at www.i-glamour.com

This item was sent for review - our opinions, as always, remain our own. 

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments