Aussie Curves: Belts


Back into the swing of things with the Aussie Curves challenges, this week it's belts. I own many, many MANY belts. I like the hourglass silhouette so I often use a belt to emphasise my waist - I have them in a lot of different widths and styles and they are a total staple of my wardrobe.

That left me quite spoiled for choice with this challenge, so I just went with my newest belt - it's from 17 Sundays, and it's called "The Mercy Belt". I got it in the sample sale, and I love it a whole lot.


With it I am wearing my new cardigan, kindly sent to me by the nice people at TS14+. It's lightweight, just the thing for those nights when things are a little bit cool. Under that are my Victor Alexandre pinafore and dress which has been seen on the blog before. Add a skull chiffon scarf and I am ready for a productive day at work!


Now, have a look at this outfit without the belt. The cardigan blouses out, my waist disappears, the whole shape changes.. I much prefer this belted!


Down below you can have a look at some of my other favourite plus size belts - some of them are even on sale at the moment, so get in quick. 

Photobucket
Photobucket







7 comments

  1. LOVE this belt, it works beautifully. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has quickly become one of my favourites :)

      Delete
  2. The before and after belt pics are really effective! Love your look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I almost didn't post the "no belt" look because I really don't like how it looks, but it does illustrate the point rather well!! :D

      Delete
  3. Ive seen this Cardigan on a few different ladies now and i love that everyone can make it their own and it fits with their style! Looks awesome with the belt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is one of those great basic pieces.. :)

      Delete
  4. you look fantastic, i've missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete