Aussie Curves: Heels


 Getting in early instead of late this week with the Aussie Curves theme of "Heels". I have to tell you, when I start thinking about high heeled shoes, I just get mad. I am angry that they're held up as the epitome of sexy feminine fashion, when the fact of the matter is - they hurt! They make it harder to run and jump and dance... they encourage women to totter about and bear the pain because "Fashion Hurts".

If both men and women wore high heeled shoes, then perhaps I'd be less ranty about it - but they don't, in most cases. Men's shoes, no matter how fashionable, must also be comfortable. Men simply refuse to buy shoes that are painful to wear. Women, on the other hand, have been sold down the river on this issue at some point.

I had someone tell me that if stilettos were painful to wear, what I ought to do is get botox injections into my toes, problem solved! Yeah, thanks, I'd rather not inject botulinum into myself, but that's just me.

I just flat refuse to do the high heel thing (See what I did there, flat, har har) . I refuse to wear shoes that cause me agony. I refuse. I will wear shoes that are cute, that I like, that are fashionable - that don't hurt me.


These are an excellent case in point - I got sent these magnificently comfortable shoes the other day.  They're cowboy-boot shaped wellingtons, and are quite possibly the most gorgeously spectacularly ugly shoes I have ever owned. I think they're beautiful - the offensive print, the bright colours, the unconventional design and material and above all, the comfort they afford. These are super comfy shoes that look cool too!

They were a little tight on my calves, but I fixed that by making slits in the back of them of an inch or so, now they sit perfectly. They offer really great ankle support and the rubber soles give you plenty of bounce when you're stomping around town.  If you fancy picking up a pair of these yourself, you can do so here. 

As for the rest of my outfit - it's a Maroon peplum dress from City Chic. Oh so easy to throw on on my way out the door and always looks good, another excellent example of fashion and comfort coming together.



Photobucket
Photobucket





18 comments

  1. I was watching my son practice for the Debutante ballyesterday and all the girls had to wear their high heels. I must admit I winced a few times at the height of some of those heels, they were tottering around and barely balancing. I haven't worn heels in years, I'm a boots girl and I love yours!!

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making people dance in non-dance-shoes is just cruel! Those poor girls.. it really is rather ridiculous what's become the expectation for these sorts of events.

      Delete
  2. I have 2 pairs of heels which are actually 2 of my most comfortable pairs of shoes I own. I don't know how that works because I'm generally in agreement with you on high heels being painful to wear instead of pleasurable. I get pain in my feet and from wearing shoes regardless of the type after a certain amount of time, so even flat super comfortable shoes have a time limit for me. However, my heels more than equal my favourite pair of flat comfy shoes for - I can stand for several hours, dance and move around freely and feel stable. They're hand made Italian leather though (that I got on super special), so maybe it's also a quality thing that most mass produced shoes can't compare with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like things with a small heel, I often find shoes that are totally flat aren't hugely comfortable after a while.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous!!! I love them! I really admire your sense of style. Mine is so boring an pradictable in comparison - makes me very jealous but I don't know if I could pull off half of the stuff you make look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to be jealous, I think you should wear whatever you like! :)

      Delete
  4. What a statement pair of shoes! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Killer boots and awesome dress = fantastic combo! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post! :) Maybe we could follow each other on Bloglovin and/or GFC?

    Please leave me a comment on my blog and I will follow you!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love that dress, looks awesome on you!! And I quite like the boots - can't believe they are gumboots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it either, but they're so comfy :)

      Delete
  8. Gumboots FTW. I totally adore them, but am not sure that I could pull them off like you do. You are totally rocking them. Also that dress is gorgeous. Off to stalk the CC website for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. City Chic have some really great stuff at the moment, I have been trying not to look, just too tempting!

      Delete
  9. I do love me a wicked pair of flat boots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More collections at www.robecart.com, an online shopping stop. Has the best selection of Women's shoes and accessories for women with Shipping Worldwide.

    ReplyDelete