Aussie Curves: Timesaver



Our theme this week for the Aussie Curves challenge is "Timesaver", and we were invited to share  our very best time saving tips.

Like everyone else, I'm pretty damn busy - day job, baby, teenager, boyfriends, pattern store, stylist business, DJ gigs, running events... I have a lot going on! I often have to get home from work and get out the door again fast, looking good. 

Here's how I do it - it all comes down to three items. One killer jacket, One killer dress, One killer pair of boots. All black, because black goes with black. Interesting textures so despite the monochrome colour scheme things still look intriguing.


The dress I'm wearing is from City Chic, it has a crossover top and a skirt made of awesome fabric, it's been cut and sewn into rose shapes.. it has an underskirt so it's not scratchy to wear. I love the fullness of the skirt and the cute sleeves. 


The jacket, I picked up at the Hey Fatty Plus Size Vintage market, and it's silk velvet, with silk satin lining, and has gorgeous beading on the sleeves and hem and collar. I think it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever owned, so in love with it, I just want to wear it everywhere at the moment. It's comfortable and warm and totally gorgeous. 

The boots are black alligator boots from Autograph. Really comfortable and just the right height for my legs which was a lucky find for me. 

I can get these three items on in less than five minutes. Drag a comb though my hair, add a swipe of lipstick and I'm ready for whatever the night brings.

Why don't you share your timesaving tips in the comments? Also be sure to check out the other champion timesavers in the linky below.

Photobucket
Photobucket





18 comments

  1. That jacket is gorgeous! I can see why you want to wear it all the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the textures! I'm surprised that dress is City Chic...seems a bit unusual for that particular brand. Love it all the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am glad that they did something a bit different.. I love it.

      Delete
  3. oh i tried this dress on at CC the other week i loooooved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would look amazing on you Ezmae!

      Delete
  4. I so wish i had got this dress! Think i need to hunt one down as it looks fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see how you style this up..

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful coat and dress Omega, love the whole look with the boots too. And I need to check out that dress at City Chic! It is fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's such a simple look but I like how it's come together.

      Delete
  6. Love the dress too! And out the door in five minutes, winning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love everything you wear and your whole look. I have never liked this dress till now. Looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that dress is so cute on you Omega!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's fast become one of my favourites

      Delete
  9. Love that jacket!! And great take on working with textures. Awesome outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning... one of my fave time saver looks!

    ReplyDelete