Aussie Curves: Boho


Boho? In the middle of a freezing Melbourne winter? Well, they don't call this a "Challenge" for nothing!

Boho originally meant Bohemian - the Bohemians were a group of artistic types in the 1840s who were pretty much victorian era hippies.. way ahead of their time! They were all about art and music, unconventional lifestyles and free love.. and not quite as much about opium and absinthe as Baz Luhrmann would have you believe.. they had dangerous ideas about the dangers of wealth and class based privilege and women's rights.. the more I learn about them the more they sound like my kind of people!

From Bohemian springs Boho, which is more of a 1970s revival than an 1840s one.. I very much see it as a summer look.. floaty, dreamy fabrics with long skirts, frills, lace and ornamentation.. 

To re-imagine it as a winter look had me swapping out the floaty skirt for some ornamented brocade jeans (from Target), summer sandals for boots (from Autograph) with woollen pom-pom adorned boot toppers.. 

I wore a frill-fronted teal top I picked up in the recent Autograph sale, topped with another sale-time bargain, a gorgeous fake-fur cropped jacket from Damn You Alexis. 

Add a feathered hair adornment and a funky necklace and I'm feeling ready for the Winter Salon.. pass the absinthe, would you? 



These photos were taken at the St Kilda Adventure playground.. if you've got kids and you're in Melbourne it is well worth a visit.. an absolute wonderland of cool things to play on for big and little kids alike!

Melbourne turned out one of it's gloriously sunny winter days and my girls had an amazing romp.. I managed to snap a few pictures too!


Photobucket
Photobucket





8 comments

  1. I love the blue with the red in your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, its a bit unusual like me, but I like it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you share so much about the history of different themes, great work lady! Thank you. And you look great in your boho Melbourne winter layers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky that the sun came out, would have been freezing otherwise :)

      Delete
  3. Love how bright and colorful you look. And I'm so checking out that playground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - if you can get to it, it's really worth checking out!

      Delete
  4. Bloody awesome photos and the oufit is rad!!

    ReplyDelete