Out and About: Kristen Chenowith - One Night Only at the Arts Centre on 12th July


I was excited when I found out that Kristen was coming to Melbourne - I loved her in Pushing Daises, but she first came up on our households radar in a big way when she appeared as Glinda in Wicked. Melodie, my daughter, 16, blonde and dreaming of being a Broadway Baby one day herself is a huge fan..  she wanted very much to do the song "Popular" for her school singing competion.. sadly her teachers vetoed that idea and made her sing something else... but I always thought her choice would have been the better one. She declined to sing for my webcam, so you're just going to have to take my word for it when I tell you she's very good. 

The other cool thing about Kristen that inspires my daughter is that she's only 4 foot 11 - my daughter is also of a small stature, and the living, breathing, butt-kickingly brilliant proof that you can be short and still be a big star is really inspiring. 

Of course before Wicked Kristen has had a pretty amazing broadway career, she is one of those truly talented folk who can sing, dance and act - triple threat! She's also been busy since Wicked, popping up all over the place, including appearing on Glee (a sure sign of stardom if you're a teenager!) so she has only risen in estimation in our house. 

When I was offered tickets to the show, you can be sure I said an enthusiastic YES!!! As is usual, I've received tickets in return for telling all my readers about the show- so here I am telling you to run, not walk, to the ticket office and get yourself along to this.  She's in Melbourne on the 12th June - you can find out more about the show here, and you can buy tickets here.

According to the press release it's Kristen's first visit to Australia, and she's even bringing her parents along (it's their 50th wedding anniversary, awwwww!). 

Here she is on the Today show doing her thing for Wicked:



Melodie and I are super excited about this show - if you decide to come along, then keep an eye out for us!! 

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments