Review: Her Fashion Box June 2013


 I got sent a new sample box, called "Her Fashion Box". Unlike the beauty sample boxes on the market, this one contains accessories as well.

At 39.95 a month it's more expensive than other boxes -the question you must now be asking it "But is it worth it??"

Here's what I got in my box:


  • Revitanail Conditioning Remover Wipes - handy to have these, I have tried a different brand but not the Revitanail version. Being able to get nail polish off quickly and easily with no mess is a real boon. 
  • Dr Lewinns Skin Primer & Dr Lewinns Sensitive Cleaning Milk - not the first samples I've seen from Dr Lewinns this month, but welcome nonetheless.
  • Redkin Control Addict 28 Extra High Hold Hairspray - a handbag sized bottle of super strong hairspray? Oh My Goth! Yes, this will definitely come in handy on a night out!
That's the beauty samples. and now for the accessories:
Scarf, Belt and bracelet all coordinate nicely!
  • A mustard yellow plaited belt, made of lovely soft leather - it's a thin belt and just the thing to jazz up an outfit. 
  • A cobalt blue wrap bracelet accented with gold chains. This is the sort of thing I never would have bought myself, but now that I own it, I really like it and will probably wear it quite a bit. 
  • A gorgeous light wool scarf - generously sized and really soft and light, but still warm. Mine is grey with a classic red "buckle" print. Really beautiful, I would have happily paid $40 for this alone. 
Also in the box:
  • A card from Hallmark, mine says "Be You - nobody does it better!" - just the thing to pop in the post and surprise a friend with. I love getting cards in the mail.
  • Instead of a card like the other boxes, this one comes with a mini magazine, showcasing all the things in the box with styling tips and lots of detailed information. Very professionally done and looks great. They even feature a fashion blogger every month - I wonder if they'd ever consider a plus-size blogger? Perhaps I'll ask.. 
I think this is a great addition to the suite of boxes available, it definitely has a point of difference, and even though it's significantly more expensive than the others it is also offering more -there is most certainly more than $40 value here. If you have the means to splurge on this, and your tastes in accessories are eclectic I'd recommend this. 


Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. Hi Omega, just a couple of questions.

    I went looking on their site (initially because I was curious as to whether there was a minimum subscription period for these type of boxes and figured I should go an look it up myself rather than being lazy and asking you :)), and noticed they have three boxes on offer, Classic, Feminine or Trendy. Do you know which one you received? I am suspecting trendy, but thought I would double check.

    Thanks :)
    I like the idea of new accessories quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the "classic" box - in the magazine it shows you what all three got, the only difference is in the accessories and the only difference in THEM is the colours you got them in... the "feminine" box got a pink scarf and the "trendy" box got a blue scarf.. the others were different colours too but I can't remember what off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. I was leaning towards the classic for myself, but wasn't sure if the blue arm band would have been 'classic' or 'trendy' :)
      I tried looking at the 'past boxes' online, but of course that doesn't have this month's up yet.

      Cheers.

      Delete