Antipodean Beauties: My Favourite Lipstick


So I started a weekly makeup challenge - for Australian and New Zealand people who like makeup. There's a Facebook Group for the participants and a whole years worth of challenges - if you feel inclined to join in please do, there's room for everyone! 

Our very first theme? "My Favourite Lipstick". It took a bit of thinking to come up with 52 themes, and perhaps I should have ruminated on them a bit more, because I don't think I really thought this one through. I mean - one favourite? just one?! 

My immediate response was to simply refuse to pick just one and give a list of my five or ten favourites.. but just this once I'm going to try and tow the line - if I can't go with the challenges I made up, who else can?

So. Just one favourite. As much as I love luxury brands, when you find a really good lipstick, that's just the perfect colour, and the right formulation, and it lasts a really long time, and it's cheap, and readily available? Well, it's hard to go past that. I really do have a favourite - a lipstick I have bought over and over again, worn daily for months at a time...  I just had a look in my handbag and bathroom and I can see at least a dozen or so of these in various states of use.. it really is a staple for me. It's one of the first beauty products I ever blogged about and I can say my love of this product hasn't changed in that time one little bit. I love wearing lots of different lipsticks and my collection is reasonably vast.. but I always come back to this one. 

It's by Coral Colours - an Aussie brand you can get at any pharmacy here, and it retails for about six bucks. My colour? Well, what else but "Classic Red". It used to be called "Scarlet" but then they called one of their other lipsticks that in a different formulation.. by any name it's great. 

This is a lovely clear blue-based red, and it's just the perfect shade for me. It goes with pretty much any eyeshadow you'd like to wear it with - in these pictures I have dug out another old favourite, the "Smoky Copper" palette from The Body Shop. Sadly it looks as though this is discontinued, which is a great shame because it's a lovely collection of gold/copper tones that I really like. 


So there you have it - my favourite lipstick. I cant wait to see what everyone else's favourites are!

 
 Photobucket
Photobucket




11 comments

  1. What a beautiful red! Love this make up challenge you've created. I'm excited to see the future weeks :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally join in sometime, Sarah! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen a blogger mention something from Coral Colors... My Mum often used to use their "pancake makeup" as she referred to it.. It is a beautiful red, though!

    Also, that palette is usually a Christmas Limited Edition palette (I used to work for The Body Shop :) ) so readers might be able to find it around that time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's not one of the "COOL" brands but I think it's really underappreciated! :)

      Thanks for letting me know about the palette, makes sense it's an Xmas thing, the colours are so festive! :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh I used to love Coral Colours! Their lipstick in Rosewood was the only colour I wore all through my high school and uni years... until I started earning money and could afford other brands. I really need to find a chemist that stocks Coral Colours because now I feel like hunting down Rosewood and see if it really was as perfect as I thought it was back then!
    As for this red, I think it looks awesome on you, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, the good thing about this brand is, it'll only cost you six or seven bucks to find out! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, I think I have a lipliner or eyeliner or two by Coral Colours! How gorgeous, I love this true blue red on you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a blue based red, they are by far my favourite. And I kind of love (a lot) that this works SO well with your hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love a classic red :) Looks wonderful on you!

    Thanks for starting up this group by the way, i'm looking forward to being inspired <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was it hard to choose your favourite lippy let alone a favourite RED lippy? I'm still picking my fave and then going to nail it down to one. It's hard. Oh Omega, you should've started with something easier ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this challenge you've come up with :)

    That's a great red! Looks amazing on you xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete