Aussie Curves: Festival


Just before the deadline - this week's Aussie Curves theme is "Festival". I love festivals! I used to never miss the big music festivals... and I  run a dark culture festival of my own - "A Night of Intrigue"   - next one is Nov 8 in Melbourne if you fancy a wild night out..

These days though, I am far more likely to head to a food and wine or cultural festival than a music festival - a relaxing day sampling some of the best produce and delicious creations of our talented foodies is an enjoyable day for me!

This week my partner had the day off and we took the chance to get out of the city and headed to one of our favourite vineyards - De Bortoli in the Yarra Valley - living an hour away from one of the worlds' most famous wine regions is pretty awesome if you ask me.

We tasted wines and had a spectacular lunch in their restaurant but our favourite part of this particular cellar door isn't wine at all - it's their amazing cheeses! They have a temperature controlled cheese vault where they collect the most delicious cheeses from all over the world! Their tasting plates are great value and of course we couldn't resist buying some to take home too. 


So.... what's suitable to wear for this kind of festival? I went for stylish and comfortable - my chiffon overlay maxi skirt from Crossroads which has been on the blog numerous times before - it's still a favourite and it will get worn a lot again now the weather is getting warmer.

I paired this with a top from Target with a cute feather print - it's a lovely light silky fabric, cool and breathable.. it has cute little epaulettes with brass buttons which like.  I am going to be wearing this a lot through the warmer months too! 

Some cute flats and I am good to go! 

What's your favourite festival?


Photobucket
Photobucket









6 comments

  1. Love those shoes! You look fab. What a gorgeous location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your beautiful colourful look Omega, gorgeous pics too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shoes and I'm keen to go to the so French and so chic festival in syd. French food and music :) I can't wait to see pics from your festival.....I'm stuck here to the end of the year but I love seeing what everyone else is up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo lovely. And did you say cheese?!!?!! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours in the top and those shoes are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photos and colours. You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete