Aussie Curves: Retro inc. Bandelettes Review


This is a sponsored post. 

Slowly but surely the days are getting warmer here in Melbourne, and that means it's time to get out all my dresses!

Because I sell vintage patterns on Etsy I spend a lot of time staring at beautiful old fashioned dresses and I think it's really influenced my taste in dresses - I tend to pick up styles that look vintage even when I'm not meaning to. This dress is no exception - it's a really classic cut and has a lovely full skirt. It's from Target, from the straight sized range, and I can just squeeze into the 20 - it's tight in the bust though.

It has a cool graduated print - it's a lot more white than I usually wear but the pattern is so interesting I've made an exception to my usual preferred colours!




There is one issue with wearing dresses in the summer - chafing and heat rash, some people call it "chub rub" but it can happen to women of any size.

When I lived in Queensland I was miserable with it for months at a time - no matter how hot is was I didn't dare wear a dress like this without leggings or bike shorts underneath.

There's always lots of different "remedies" for chafing - some swear by talcum powder, and there's various creams on the market - I never had much luck with any of those.

Recently I was made aware of a new solution - Bandelettes. The people who make these offered to send me a few pairs and sponsored this post where they encouraged me to give my honest opinion.

So, I waited for a warm day, and I put a pair of these babies on, and I went for a nice brisk walk, getting a bit hot and sweaty.. and lo and behold they appear to do exactly what they claim. No chafing or heat rash in sight, and I did my best over a few days to recreate the conditions where it would normally occur for me.

So what are these little wonders? They're simply bands of soft stretch lace - they have a couple of lines of silicone on the insides to help them stay put. They come in 6 different sizes starting with size A - thighs 21"-22" through size F - thighs 31"-32" and in black, beige, red and white colours. I'm told by the experts that the sizing on these is very important - you should measure your thigh while you're standing up, around the top of your thigh where you'd be wanting to wear these. I'd suggest if you are between sizes to go down a size, but that's just personal preference.

I'm being brave and flashing you the red ones here. Of course they're my favourite!

One other advantage of these is they're pretty. Heck, they're downright sexy! I have had a very positive response from the menfolk in my life when wearing these - they definitely read as "sexy stocking tops" to people, which is nice - and a very different reaction to all of my other attempts to prevent chafing - bike shorts or "granny undies" aren't exactly appealing.

I'm definitely going to be favouring my Bandelettes from now on! If you fancy picking up a pair yourself you can do so at http://www.bandelettes.com.




Photobucket
Photobucket







6 comments

  1. Love the idea of these!! I will have to order some and give them a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the photo I thought you were wearing stockings. They look really sexy! I might look into it. Love your outfit too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of those, super sexy! will have to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Bandelettes too! So comfy & I barely put them on before my partner is making eyes at me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot woo. LOVE this dress and love my Bandelettes too! The red is HOT lady.

    ReplyDelete