Antipodean Beauties: Neutrals


It's Neutral week for the Antipodean Beauties Challenge, and the beauty mavens have been showing off some gorgeous neutral looks.. of course I have one too, but mine is a bit.. different? 

I run these crazy nightclub events, see, and when you're the host and the DJ and you've encouraged everyone else to dress totally crazy, you kind of have to do that yourself as well - it just wouldn't be fair otherwise!

I have to admit, I don't really mind, in fact, it's an awful lot of fun. I mean, really, how many places do you know where this makeup look would be perfectly appropriate?

If you said "I know lots of places like that!!" be sure to invite me next time.

This weekend we had "Cirque du Sade", a dark circus themed event. Of course I had to bring it, so this is my weird and wonderful Circus themed look:
 

Now, there's the glitter moustache, and the massive false eyelashes.. but when you are wearing all of that, you really need to keep your eye makeup neutral if you want to have any hope of pulling it off. 

I used a new-to-me palette I picked up in a blog sale from Sephora - it's the Moonshadow Baked Eyeshadow Palette called "In the Nude". It is full of the most amazing neutral colours in two modes - very shimmery indeed, and truly ridiculously shimmery. There are a LOT of sparkles in these. I love them, but if you like your nudes matte, then this is most definitely not for you!
Here's a closer look at the neutral eye I did under all that crazy:  


This was such a fun look to wear!! I think I might have to crack out the glitter moustache more often... Maybe for our next event, The Monsters Ball, or even Ooky Spooky NYE!  :)

Photobucket
Photobucket








No comments