OOTD: WorkWeek

When I work with people in my capacity as The Body Positive Stylist, while I'm sometimes helping people look their best for a special event, more often I'm helping them make more use of their clothes day to day. 

Most of us can pull together something nice for a big occasion, but the day to day grind of dressing in a way that feels and looks good can be hugely wearing. 

In the past I have simplified things by only wearing a few colours - when all your clothes are red, black or grey it's a lot easier to put outfits together. This is still very much the core of my daily wardrobe, but lately I have been experimenting with other colours too. 

I thought it might be of interest to show you a typical week of work outfits - as a freelancer my schedule is normally pretty open, albeit totally hectic, but I have been working a short contract for the last couple of weeks - and the office I work in happens to have a bathroom with a great mirror for outfit shots. 

Here's my week of work outfits:

Left to right: City Chic Dresses X2,. Susanne Gray, Target and City Chic again. 
It wasn't until I lined these up I realised I'd worn dresses all week, usually there's a couple of days with pants as well, but not this week. Most of these dresses have featured on the blog before, I tend to choose things that have a lasting style so I can wear them for years, that's certianly the case with many of these dresses.

Together they form a pretty cohesive look that's work appropriate but still feels like it expresses my personal style, and as an added bonus all of these outfits are comfortable to work in all day. 

I'm interested to hear what your challenges with work clothes are - Let me know in the comments!



Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments